Sunday, July 31, 2011

on leaving the book of faces.

IT HAS BEEN DONE. I'm not sure precisely why that needed to be capitalized, as I really don't think it's a terribly poignant departure - it is just a social networking site, after all.

And how many people have even noticed? Most people never will, or won't notice for weeks.

Just in case anyone was curious, though, my reasons, in no particular order:

- I had digressed from actually talking to people, to simply casually perusing their facebook status updates. I'm not a particularly social person on a good day, and I'm not always the sharpest tack, but that seems like a step backwards to me.
- Drama. I don't really want to participate in it, add to it, inadvertently provoke it, etc.. I hate single line status updates about something horrific that has occurred, some dramatic event, that goes unexplained. Why even post it? Let's just leave it at this: if something important or dramatic or serious occurs and I need to know, drop me a text, or an e-mail. If you need my phone number or e-mail address, let me know!
- I actually have hated the very concept of facebook and the GLARING PRIVACY ISSUES right from the beginning.

I will be blogging occasionally, and I have gone back to my IRC roots - if you do the IRC thing, you probably already know how to find me.

In other news, I am almost done school. Things are going along well enough, although I sense some fairly drastic changes occurring in the next couple of months that will probably result in chaos/insanity/confusion. Thinking about where to apply to school, when to apply, what to apply for... how to pay for it... all of these things! ALL OF THESE CRAZY THINGS. I feel I should start volunteering somewhere, but can't figure out where. Any suggestions? (I say this as if more than one or possibly two people are going to read this.. oh well. THEY MAY HAVE A SUGGESTION!)

That is all for now. Future blogs will attempt to be less ridiculous and disorganized and inconsequential, but will likely fail epicly, all the same.


-

No comments:

Post a Comment